Education Services

918-453-5000 ext. 5341
17675 S. Muskogee Ave Tahlequah, OK 74464

College Resources

Concurrent Enrollment Scholarships

High school students who are concurrently enrolled and receiving college credit may apply for the concurrent scholarship offered by the Cherokee Nation College Resource Center.

Concurrent education scholarships are offered to citizens of the Cherokee Nation who are high school juniors or seniors and are taking required general education courses, at a college or university, while still in high school. Tribal citizens must also have permanent residence within the Cherokee Nation or contiguous areas. Residency restrictions apply, see the complete map under the “Downloads” section. No private or proprietary institutions qualify.

Valedictorian/Salutatorian Scholarships

The Cherokee Nation recognizes and awards scholarship funds to Cherokee Nation citizens who are named Valedictorian/Salutatorian for their graduating high school class. High schools located within the Cherokee Nation scholarship service area and contiguous counties are eligible.

Higher Education Scholarships, Undergraduate and Graduate

Citizens of the Cherokee Nation actively pursuing a higher education degree may apply to receive educational scholarships payable directly to an accredited college or university. Some scholarships may have restrictions, such as students with multiple tribal lineages may only receive assistance from one tribe.  Students must be working towards an Associates in Arts or Science, Associates of Applied Science in Nursing ONLY, Bachelors, Masters, or Doctorate degrees. Students may receive assistance with one Associates Degree, one Bachelor’s Degree, one Master’s Degree, and one Doctorate Degree.

Please click on the appropriate program to view more information, under the “Downloads” section.

Applications will be accepted during these enrollment periods: due by 11:59 pm Central Time





Concurrent Enrollment (Fall 2021)

Fall 2021 semester

March 1, 2021

*June 15, 2021

Valedictorian & Salutatorian (Class 2021)

Class of 2021

March 1, 2021

*March 31, 2021


School year 2021-22

March 1, 2021

*June 15, 2021


School year 2021-22

March 1, 2021

*June 15, 2021

Stole Program

Spring 2021 Commencement

March1, 2021

April 30, 2021 (mailing)

*If deadline falls on Saturday or Sunday, the application will be available until 11:59pm CST the next business day (Monday)

Cherokee Nation Stole Program

The Cherokee Nation rewards students striving to complete continuing education goals and academic success. The Stole Program is available to graduating college students who are Cherokee Nation citizens. The program offers the opportunity to receive graduation stoles for one Associate (Art, Science or Applied Science–Nursing), Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctoral Degree.

See Downloads section below for the application.

To reach the Cherokee Nation College Resource Center, call 800-256-0671, ext. 5465, or email

Resource Links:

Apply for FAFSA -

7 Easy Steps to FAFSA -

Feel free to email or call your advisor (assigned by last name unless noted).  
A-D Vacant 918-453-5000 x7054
E-K Kakiley Workman 918-453-5000 x5308
L-R Laney Ford 918-453-5000 x7386
S-Z Blaise Glory 918-453-5000 x7465
Concurrent Brenda Butler 918-207-5000 x3948
VS or DS Chrissy Marsh 918-453-5000 x3841


Frequently Asked Questions

Is there a paper application to fill out for the Cherokee Nation Valedictorian/Salutatorian Scholarship, Cherokee Nation Concurrent Enrollment Scholarship, Cherokee Nation Undergraduate Scholarship, or the Cherokee Nation Graduate Scholarship?

No.  Students have to complete the on-line application and upload required documents to the on-line application.

Do I have to perform Volunteer Hours?

Students who receive a Cherokee Nation scholarship are required to perform volunteer hours based on the amount of funding received. For example: A student who receives $2,000  is required to volunteer 20 hours, or one hour for each $100 received. If a student decides not to volunteer the hours or does not complete the hours before the deadline, future funding may be jeopardized.

Where can I perform my community service?

Community Service can be done with any non-profit organization or at a Cherokee Nation sponsored event regardless of location.  Must be humanitarian/community-based efforts.

What is the Student Aid Report?

The Student Aid Report (SAR) is the processed information from the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.

My grades will not be available until after the deadline, what can I do?

Students whose grades will not be available until after the deadline may submit a letter from their College/University stating when grades will be posted.

I dropped a class this semester; how does that affect my scholarship?

Awards are based off of the previous semester’s earned hours:

Hours earned Fall =5 or less: $0 (You may reapply for the next Fall semester)
Hours earned Fall =6-11hrs: $1000 Spring Award
Hours earned Fall =12 or more: $2000 Spring Award
Hours earned Spring =5 or less: $0 for the following academic school year
Hours earned Spring =6-11hrs: $1000 Fall Award
Hours earned Spring =12 or more: $2000 Fall Award