The Respond, Recover and Rebuild Disability Assistance Program Deadline is now extended to Friday, Nov. 13. Now open to all Disabled Cherokee Nation Veterans receiving VA benefits, who live both in and outside the Cherokee Nation reservation. Cherokees with disabilities living within the reservation may also apply for the $300 COVID assistance payment. Apply below.

Real Estate Services

Property Leasing

Agriculture, business and residential leasing on restricted, trust or Cherokee Nation-owned property is handled by Cherokee Nation Real Estate Services. All restricted and trust leases are subject to approval by the Bureau of Indian Affairs, Department of the Interior.

  • Majority of agriculture leases are on a 5-year bidding cycle. Interested Lessees should contact Cherokee Nation Real Estate Services to be placed on the list for notification of an upcoming bid event.
  • Business leases include commercial, industrial, hunting, or any other profitable business venture sitting on Indian land.
  • Residential leases

Frequently Asked Questions

When do I need a lease to authorize possession of Indian land?

If you are a person or legal entity who is not an owner of the Indian land, then you must obtain a lease. If you are an Indian landowner of a fractional interest in the land, then you must obtain a lease. It is not necessary to obtain a lease if you are an Indian landowner who owns 100 percent of the trust or restricted interest in a tract.