Engineering and Sanitation

Water Lines

Promotes a healthy environment through the cooperative development and continuing operation of safe water, wastewater, and solid waste systems and related support facilities. The Cherokee Nation assists qualified applicants with sanitation facilities for new, like new or existing homes. A downloadable PDF version of the Sanitation Facilities Construction Application is available at the bottom of this page.

Water Services:
  • Well drilling, including pump, pressure system and all appurtenances;
  • Connection to community and rural water systems;
  • Existing well system renovation and repair

Wastewater Services:
  • Septic system installation includes septic tank and drain field and alternative disposal system;
  • Connection to community sewer systems.
Engineering Program
The Engineering Program provides engineering design and technical assistance for water, wastewater and solid waste projects. Services provided include design and construction of individual and community water and sewer systems and solid waste clean-up activities including plans, specifications, and topographical surveying. Sanitation facilities construction installation inspections are also provided under this program.

918-453-5111 or
(toll free) 1-800-256-3387

Eligibility Requirements

CDIB (Federally recognized tribes)
Cherokee Nation Tribal Citizenship
Within 14 county Jurisdictional area
Income Guidelines

Additional Requirements

The following are additional documents required for services. Please send copies only, not the originals.

1. A copy of the applicants tribal membership card - Pursuant to 25 U.S.C. § 479 a-1
2. Proof of ownership - a deed in the applicants name or a copy of the deed of the property owner, a copy of the tribal membership card of the property owner and a 25 year-lease that has been notarized and filed in the office of the county court.
3. If the home is a mobile home - a copy of the title to the mobile home in the name of the applicant.
4. Income verification – most current tax return for everyone in the household over 18 years of age.
5. If you are disabled/handicapped, you must have a letter of disability, describing your disability and percentage of disability or special needs that you may have.
6. A completed application. Applications are not complete until applicant signs and dates in ink has turned in all required documents. An incomplete application will not be processed.
7. Additional documentation may be required after reviewing your application.