Government Services Assistant Controller Services
Statement of Work
Cherokee Nation Businesses, Diversified Businesses is providing this Request For Bid (RFB) to acquire Assistant Controller Services for a government contracting entity located in Tulsa, OK. Bids are due no later than 8:45 AM December 10, 2013. Bids should be emailed directly to Carolyn Price, point of contact information below. Award will be made under a Firm Fixed Price Hourly Rate and any approved travel will be Cost Reimbursable.
Place of Performance
10838 E. Marshall St. N., Tulsa, OK 74116
The contractor will be provided office space and equipment for performing the services required under the scope of work.
Time of Performance
Contractor will perform services during normal weekdays, holidays excluded. Workday hours will be established by the Director, Government Services Accounting, when contract services commence.
Period of Performance
Services are to Begin on 12/16/2013, for a maximum of 400 hours.
Scope of Work
The Contractor shall provide Assistant Controller Services to the Portfolio Controller in directing and managing the organization’s accounting and finance functions in a government contracting environment. These functions include establishing and maintaining the organization’s accounting principles and practices to develop, streamline and implement all processes, internal controls and procedures for a government contractor of Cost Plus Fixed Fee (CPFF) contracts. The Contractor will be responsible for effectively reporting non-compliance of policies and procedures and regulatory requirements to management. The Contractor will be responsible for managing the daily and monthly departmental transactions, daily reporting and monthly financial reviews with operations. The Contractor shall prepare analysis as required by management.
Description of Services
The Contractor will have responsibility for completion of the following activities (other duties may be assigned):
• Manage the daily and monthly departmental transactions to ensure they are recorded accurately and timely.
• Perform month end closing responsibilities and financial reviews.
• Analyze general ledger accounts and prepare account reconciliations, providing supporting schedules.
• Develop, streamline, implement and monitor all processes and internal controls.
• Report non-compliance of policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements including Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS).
• Perform billings into government sites such as Wide Area Work Flow (WAWF).
• Analyze Overhead and General & Administrative (G&A) Rates for impact to operating income.
• Ensure proper separation of allowable and unallowable expenses.
The Contractor shall have a minimum of 10 years extensive experience in Accounting, working with CPFF contracts for a Department of Defense (DOD) government contractor. The Contractor shall also have a minimum of 2 years of direct management experience. The Contractor must have a solid understanding and working accounting knowledge of systems common to government contract industry, preferably Deltek CostPoint. The Contractor must have thorough accounting knowledge of Government contracting regulations including FAR and CAS. The Contractor shall have a working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Experience working with Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) and Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) is preferred. The Contractor must possess strong written and verbal communication skills and must be familiar with Microsoft applications.
CNB, Diversified Businesses Point of Contact:
Carolyn S. Price
Director, Gov’t Services Accounting