Victim Advocacy services are available to victims of all crimes.
These services include:
• Emergency Advocate assistance to law enforcement officers within the 14-county Cherokee Nation jurisdiction (tribal and state).
• Accompanies victim to hospital for medical needs.
• Accompanies and prepares victim for sexual assault exam procedure.
• Provides resources for immediate safe housing.
• Assistance with locating a shelter or relocation to family/friend's home.
• Listens to victims concerns and needs and tries to address them.
• Provides education and assistance in preparing a safety plan for themselves and their family members; explains the power and control model of abuse.
• Provides counseling referrals and any other resource referrals needed.