Cherokee Nation is pleased to announce that two motor vehicle compacts have been negotiated and signed with the state of Oklahoma.
I. IN-JURISDICTION COMPACT
- · We have expanded our boundaries to include all of Tulsa, Wagoner, Rogers, Mayes, & Muskogee Counties.
- · This compact allows citizens to register vehicles at the current Cherokee Nation rate.
- · The new compact is now effective as of November 1, 2013.
- The current law has been changed to accommodate the new compact.
Items required to register:
Title, Tribal Citizens valid Oklahoma drivers license, Proof of residence, Valid Oklahoma insurance verification.
Vehicle will require VIN inspection.
Please click on the link below for a complete list of documents.
II. AT-LARGE COMPACT
- · The new compact will not be effective before June, 2014
- · The current law will have to be changed to accommodate the new compact.
- · The rate will be the same as the State with a small discount at the time of purchase.
We look forward to this new venture and hope that we can serve you in one of these capacities.