Child Support Services
Mission statement: To partner with all parents, guardians and other programs to ensure families have the services and resources needed to build a stable environment for the children that instills success and promotes self-sufficiency.
The Cherokee Nation Child Support Services IV-D program opened its doors in July 2007 based upon the concept that children are entitled to support of both parents. The program promotes the well-being of children and families by working towards the goal of both parents contributing to their children. The program recognizes the fact that it is costly to raise a child and takes an array of resources to provide for children. The program strives to provide quality customer service that will assist all parties involved in a respectful and neutral manner.
Our staff can assist those who complete an application with the following services:
* Establishing paternity/ parentage through DNA testing
* Calculating support and establishing the child support orders via court orders
* Enforcing existing child support orders through an array of enforcement remedies
* Assist with locating parties that may need to be part of the child support case
*Assist with modifying existing child support court orders
* Providing a neutral payment center process for child support clients,
* Provide child support parenting education
Frequently Answered Questions
1-How can I contact your offices?
Answer: You may contact us at 918-453-5444 to reach any of our child support staff.Our toll free number is 1-866-247-5346.You may also reach us via email at email@example.com if you have any questions, or would like to request an application.
2-Where are your offices located?
- Our main office is located at 1511 Ketcher Street, Building C, Tahlequah, OK 74464.
- We also have (3) full time staff located in the following locations in which you can call the main Child Support office to set up an appointment at your nearest office location:
- 750 S. Cherokee, Suite N, Catoosa, OK 74015.
- 2 S. Coo-y-yah St, Suite #4, Pryor, OK 74361.
- 101 W. Quesenbury, Sallisaw, OK 74955.
- We also have the ability to set up appointments in Jay, OK and Stilwell, OK if necessary as we have staff scheduled to work out of those locations twice a month or by appointment.
3-Who is eligible for Child support services?
- All custodians of minor children, when at least one parent is absent from the home
- All non-custodial parents of minor children, who may need assistance with establishing parentage and child support orders; provided the custodial party is also willing to receive services.
- Any person who is eligible to receive or pay child support.
*** A person under the age of (18) is considered a minor child. Also, a person under the age of (20) who has not graduated from high school shall be considered a minor child, provided the child is regularly attending public or private school.
4-How do I apply for Child support services?
- You will need to complete an application. Our application requires you turn in copies of the following documents:
- The applicant’s government issued photo ID( Driver’s license, state issued ID, Tribal citizenship card)
- Applicants social security card
- Children’s social security cards who are involved in the application
- A copy of CDIB/Tribal citizenship cards for each person involved in case- if available
- A copy of an Acknowledgement of Paternity (AOP)- if applicable
- A copy of any applicable divorce decree, or custody/ guardianship order
- A copy of the any court order regarding child support- if applicable
***An original certified Birth certificate for each child involved in application will also need to be submitted. ***
- You can contact us directly by phone at 918-453-5444 and request an application. Our toll free number is 1-866-247-5346.
- You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application.
- You can also come to our main Tahlequah office or one of our office locations outside of Tahlequah to complete the application onsite.
5-Can I still apply for your services if I have a case with another state or tribal child support agency already?
If you are receiving child support services from another IV-D child support agency which would be any state child support agency and approximately 60 tribal child support agencies, you would need to request in your application to transfer your case to this office.
6-Does Cherokee Nation Office of Child Support charge for services?
Answer: There is no application charge.
7-My case is managed by your office and I am responsible to pay monthly, where do I send child support payments?
Send money orders or cashier’s checks to:
Cherokee Nation Child Support Payment Center
PO Box 21046
Tulsa, OK 74121
No cash accepted
*General Contact: You may also send General Human services questions to: email@example.com.